Tuesday 25 October 2011

Home

Alright, I am a terrible blogger. 
Or at least I have been so far. 
But no matter- the typhoid has left me and I'm done with my finals, so I can finally catch up with this little piece of the blogosphere, if anyone even visits it at all.
Oooh and by the way- I'm home for 3 weeks! 
Yes, I am one of those people who are extremely happy to come home, mainly because I study in a different country than the one I was born and brought up in, and because I love my parents and the fact that they can cook(really well, too).

I can't cook to save my life.
I once told my mother(who was despairingly questioning God on what my future would be like seeing as how I am useless in the kitchen) that I would subsist on sandwiches and salads, since I am perfectly capable of preparing these with relative ease.
Instead of comforting her, as I hoped they would, my words only ended up causing more anguish. 

And now that I'm home again, the aforementioned conversation just repeated itself.
I stupidly gave her the same answer as I did before. 
Long story short, I have been emotionally blackmailed into learning to prepare three meat dishes, and two veg entrees. 
GAH.

No comments: